At GMH Construction, we are dedicated to pursuing recycling and sustainable design from set up to clean up. Because, we don’t just work in our local communities, we live in them too.
One area of focus is to reduce our carbon footprint and the impact on the environment. We do that through salvaging and donating certain demolition products for reuse and recycling common Construction & Demolition (C&D) debris.
- These materials include debris generated during the demolition and construction processes. Common debris such as lumber, metal, masonry, tile, carpet, insulation, plastic, tile, cardboard, and more is taken to a single-stream recycling facility for sorting and processing.
- You trade in your car, can you trade in a kitchen? Items such as cabinets, countertops, and fixtures in good condition may be donated to a local charitable organization such as Habitat for Humanity® for salvage, sale, or reuse.
What are the Benefits of Environmental Sustainability?
- Help to offset the environmental impact of construction
- Potentially reduce the associated environmental issues
- Conserve landfill space
- Socially and environmentally responsible activity